High quality is reflected both in patient care and in our research programmes. As a result, ACTA is able to offer a top quality educational programme. Details of ACTA’s mission are set out below:
- ACTA is an independent Faculty of Dentistry shared by the University of Amsterdam and VU University Amsterdam. ACTA aims to help implement the missions of both universities.
- ACTA is a university institution for the training of dentists capable of practicing this profession and of working as scientists.
- ACTA is a comprehensive dental faculty, in which all aspects of dentistry are included in the curriculum, the research programme and patient care. Each of the academic disciplines in this area is engaged in developing multi-disciplinary activities, both in a national and international context.
- High quality is reflected both in patient care and in our research programmes. As a result, ACTA is able to offer a top quality educational programme. This not only draws students to the regular curriculum (which is based on a European model), it is also a big attraction for graduates wishing to update or enhance their knowledge by means of postgraduate education or specialized training.
ACTA meets its responsibilities by:
- the provision of dental programmes that meet the demands of those working in the field;
- developing this area of science across the board;
- delivering optimal dental care to its patients in the context of education, research, tertiary referral-centre care and tertiary clinical care;
- making optimal use of the talents of its students and staff;
- providing a high-quality work and study environment, and participating in social organizations and projects (and disseminating ideas in that context), while wishing to be held accountable.